Friday, August 20, 2010

Helen Galanty-Berlinski ... always in style!

It's been almost 2 months since my last blog post; it was actually three days before my mother passed away.

In that last post I wrote about stopping to smell the roses, living in the moment and enjoying summer. I didn't know at the time of that writing that I had just seen my mother alive for the very last time.
Life is unpredictable, isn't it?

The title of this blog refers to my mother who always had a great sense of style. I have a stack of photo albums with numerous photos of her that chronicle her fashion from a very young age to the most recent pictures of her at age 82. Mom, you were always in style.

Style isn't what the fashion shows and magazines dictate what we wear. It's about finding our own style. A look that we are comfortable with and conveys the confidence we have in ourselves. We feel good in our skin. We are true to ourselves and our clothes and accessories convey that truth.

Maybe you have found your truth or maybe you are still trying to discover it. Celebrate yourself! There is only one YOU. Be in style....your style.

Missing you, Mom....and smelling a rose for you. xoxo



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious Mom. And thank you for this reminder to make the most of every moment we have with the people in our lives.

    ReplyDelete