Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summertime...and the living is easy.


Is it easy? As we strive to plant and weed our gardens, trim the bushes, mow the lawns, clean the deck and patio furniture,
sweep the driveways, walkways and porches...and yes, still keep up with everything indoors...are we living easy?

I am telling myself that it is not just a time to do more work. It is a season to do more sipping ice tea, reading a book on the deck,
walking in the park, riding a bike, playing frisbee with the corgis, running through the sprinkler with the children, roasting marshmallow in the fire pit and relaxing.

Summer is a time to slow down and just "be". If we live a frantic lifestyle we lose ourselves. Easy living isn't about lazy living, it's
about smelling those roses and living in the moment.

PHOTO: In the fashion of living easy, the necklace is a simple rubber cord with a Petoskey Stone, Sterling Heart Charm and Sterling Initial. I wear this type of necklace almost everyday. A good choice for the beach, the park....and even when I'm in the garden pulling those weeds.

Don't forget to stop and enjoy your life right now.

3 comments:

  1. This is a painful post to read as I sit here INDOORS during what has been London's most beautiful weekend thus far, and most of my friends are at the various parks swimming, bbq-ing, and laughing in the sun. My schoolwork for my dissertation and the project at London Business School has kept me indoors since Thursday and will through Wednesday!

    But as with anything, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Next weekend I will be showing a friend the London sights, taking in a rowing regatta in the finest (read: silliest) hat I can find, and cycling and swimming around Copenhagen. If the weather stays nice, then it will be a great treat at the end of an intense period of work. So if you're like me and swamped with work this weekend, just make sure you do as April says and enjoy your free time whenever you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe part of simplifying should include simplifying our thoughts & emotions. Trying not to over analyze and react to things may help "weed" our brains & allow our minds to flower beautiful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete