Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Young it up"


My mother-in-law, Cate, just turned 80 years old. My mother is [I'm not allowed to reveal her actual age] up there. My Aunt Ruth is going to be 90 in July. A dear friend of the family, Juanita, is 80 years old. My grandmother lived to be 97 years old.

What do all these women have in common? They act young, look young and think young. They are all beautiful and radiate a
youthfulness well below their years.

Aunt Ruth and Cate both had their ears pierced about 7 years ago. Now that's what I call "younging it up".

Juanita makes wears the most stunning jewelry designs that compliment her tasteful wardrobe. My grandmother, Busia, wore
festive jewelry, rouge and bright colors up until the very end of her life. My mom looks stunning when she gussies up.

Don't let age dictate who you are...be the age you want to be. Young it up ladies and wear something fun. Wear new clothing in shades of sassy, put on an outrageous hat, pin a big flower in your hair and...add some fabulous jewelry.

Life is short...have some fun.

1 comment:

  1. Being young is fun, and I am looking forward to growing young for the rest of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete